Monday, November 28, 2011

Journal Entry 6- Sabbath

Sabbath. Taking time for me. Having quiet time with God. I feel like our culture has taken the importance of these away from us. Leaving us feeling that any moment not spent doing something, being busy is a moment wasted. I feel guilty whenever I take time for myself to rest, to be alone with God.. why? I shouldn't. God did not intend us to be busy beings all the time. He made a commandment that specifically addresses this. Is it ok to murder? Of course, not. Keeping the Sabbath I believe is just as important as any of the other commandments.

The hardest thing that I have with finding time to rest is the guilt, or laziness I feel. I feel as if I'm not purposeful because society has expectations of humans.

When I do get the chance to take sabbath, I feel so filled and encouraged. I feel closer and more intimate with God. I feel as if I'm in right with His perfect plan.

In His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment