Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Journal Entry 3- Gratitude

I think gratitude is one of the most important, essential parts to our relationship with God. It is our reaction, our reciprocal to the workings and love from Him in our lives. It is such a great reminder that gratitude isn't just about being thankful but it is a factor that binds us together. Thanksgiving is so important during times of joy and celebration, but also suffering and when in the valleys. I think being able to give thanks in any situation allows us to conform more to the person and being that Jesus was.

When I look back at situations where I could have been grateful and wasn't it makes me more alert and aware of the present so that I can take every chance to give thanks. Looking back I missed out on great opportunities to show my love, and gratitude and ultimately grow closer to God.

When I am feeling low, and "towards the bottom of the food chain" I just reflect on the hardships and sufferings Jesus went through. Nothing I face today is equivalent or even near the suffering He dealt with and regardless of what I'm facing, I can always be thankful for that. I also relish in the beauty of the world around me. I am so thankful for the beautiful creation God has done for me!


In love.

No comments:

Post a Comment