Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Journal Entry 2- Celebration

Celebration.  The definition according to The New Oxford American Dictionary of celebration is the action of marking one's pleasure at an important event or occasionby engaging in enjoyabletypically socialactivity. I think a better definition that the entry points out is in essence experiencing the joy of heaven. I think that by celebrating God we are receiving joy, joy that is found in eternal life. Celebrating God doesn't mean rejoicing in the good things he does, but for having a thankful heart for the great and wonderful things God does. It is entering in a spirit of worship, praise and thanksgiving no matter the circumstances. 


I love celebrating God at any chance I have. I especially love celebrating with others, as His word says where there is two or more gathered He is present and I think there is an overwhelming power and feeling when a group of people are worshipping and praising our precious Father together. I also have found celebrating God in times that aren't great, or in times of suffering are most rewarding. I think being able to stop and be reminded of His great love, power, and the works He's doing in my life when I don't necessarily feel that reinstates a feeling of joy and can make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment